Tuesday, April 22, 2008

More DC Trip pics...

Todd and I have been telling Heather for more than two years that we would take a trip to DC to see her and we can now be counted amoung those that have made their way to see her and that beautiful city! Here are a few more pics to add...



I was a little nervous about how Tanner would do on his first real family vacation, but as you can tell, he LOVED it! He was such a good boy the whole time.


This is right outside Heather's house. Tanner was so excited to see his aunt!


My only complaint about living in Texas is the grass - you can't run around barefoot because of fire ants and it is so prickly. I was overwhelmed with happiness when I found out the DC has fabulous little parks everywhere and soft grass! Tanner on the other hand, did not share my excitement. He wasn't so sure about the new texture in between his toes.


The weather was so nice the day we went and saw the monuments. Heather was the best tour guide!



This was inside the Capitol building. Heather new more about the tour than our actual tour guide and she was much more interesting to listen to. She is so smart!



One of my favorite stops. I didn't realize how large the Iwo Jima sculpture stood. It was in a beautiful area right above the city.


We left DC with a checklist of things we want to see on our next visit - Thanks for letting us hang out with you Heather! We love you!

5 comments:

Russell and Jillian said...

Abby, it's Jillian (Ruff) Romriell! I saw this link on some Boise friends' blogs. You know the weird thing? There's a picture of Heather (your sis-in-law? sister?) with Katelyn, a girl I grew up with in Austin. You might know her too since she lives in Dallas. Is that where you're at now? We're in Austin and have been for a couple years. Russell's in law school at UT. You'll have to check out our blog: www.russellandjillian.blogspot.com Just posted our bluebonnet pictures! See ya!

chickson said...

I love how Tanner is in bed with control of the clicker - that is a vacation! xo

Ash said...

I can't believe how big he is getting.. What a fun vacation!! Now its time for a trip to Utah.. maybe around end of July to see the new addition. Love you guys!

The Airharts said...

Looks like you guys had such a great time! Too bad you couldnt make a small trip to NC on your way home.

heathyjane said...

Thanks for coming guys! I had so much fun. I think you left out the greatest parts, like Tanner puking all over the city; and us being 15 minutes behind... all the time!