But it is a blink! These hundreds of selfless acts of service are molding your family into men and women of strength and confidence, joy and peace, understanding, kindness, faith ... all the things you are praying for them to be. Sometimes I miss being in the eye of the storm, yet see from a different view now where the air seems clearer and easier to breathe. So grateful I had the blind faith to find peace in the storm and know "this too shall pass," therefore my mantra became, 'find joy in EACH day.'
So in watching our young families in the eye of the storm, I often smirk with familiarity as it's the same story. Yet in this season (gwamma), we no longer walk in blind faith, but know the Lord DOES build men and women of light (as witnessed in Andy, Todd, Heather and Ashley). I am grateful for the power of the family circle and our responsibilities to it no matter which station we occupy. He is a wise Heavenly Father to give us family support to lift when one is down, (or pull down when one is too high), and to carry one anothers burdens. It is continued joy for us!
So young ones, just be the sun. The moon comes out ... eventually. xo
"In these preparatory years, you young women spend much of your time in schools or jobs where you receive accolades, honors, awards, ribbons or trophies. When you move from that stage to young motherhood, there is a dramatic drop-off in outside commendation. Yet in no other capacity is there more opportunity to serve selflessly as Christ would do by taking care of hundreds of daily physical, emotional and spiritual needs. You will bring the light of the gospel into your homes -- not to be seen of others, but to build others -- men and women of strength and light."
~Susan W. Tanner ~



1 comment:
You posted this quite awhile ago but I am just getting to it. I really needed it TODAY. Tonight I actually looked at the clock and thought gosh when is it going to be bedtime. Not because I don't love my little ones but because I needed some moon time. So many times I feel like a turtle just poking my head out of water to stay afloat for some air. But the little guys still smile and have hugs. Thanks to all family for helping to raise all kids!
Post a Comment