Saturday, March 7, 2009

good morning mr. lincoln


after years of talking about it, I finally dragged myself to the steps of lincoln to see the sunrise over the capitol. 
 
it was a beautiful spring morning, but of course happened to be the one day the reflection pool was drained.   

my telephoto lens was happy to be out of the box and made my camera even more fabulous!



3 comments:

ATT Hickson said...

Those pictures are beautiful - even with the reflection pool drained. Makes me miss DC!

Katelyn said...

impressive.... that's early! :) like seminary early, oh wait no we went to seminary in the dark!
that's like, slept through seminary early but still went for the last 10 minutes just so we wouldn't have to do another stupid make-up work sheet! :)

call i need to walk to you!

chickson said...

How'd you do that? Catch this on the way to work, or got up this early on a day off? Impressive!

I didn't notice the pool was drained until I read your comment -still beautiful pics and memory for you! Funny how everything looks peaceful at sunrise - even in the city! xo