Sunday, December 30, 2007

Breakin' Up Is Hard To Do


Today I said goodbye to an old friend. The tattered and worn grey cut-off's that are before you were once new and "unholy." They have been through dance competitions in high school (and were later turned into capris), cleaning projects in multiple apartments (there are bleach spots on the other side), and countless memories (good and bad). I have tried to repair the tears on several occasions but new ones would appear as soon as they were fixed. I have also tried throwing them away multiple times but my heart couldn't take it. For some reason, I couldn't let go. So today, as I carefully placed them in a plastic grocery bag and in the trash, I ask for a moment of silence as I salute all things loved to pieces... literally.

1 comment:

A & C Hickson said...

Goodbye and farewell to the beloved comfy pants!