Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What?!@#! 30?

I'm sure this hit me harder than the kids, but Andy and Chris turned 30 this year!
It's great they are 30, but I can't believe I'm a mom of a 30 year old! Blows my mind!

Steve and I can't take this kind of reality check because we think we are 30!
We even think our children's friends are our friends!

When we put the memories behind the years, they are there, but truly, it's a blink!

Years ago when they were all young, I remember wondering what they will be like as adults. Happy to see the four have each retained the things we loved about them as little people, and added their individual splash and flair, embellishing them with great qualities to be strong, noble adults! That is success!
Some Andy facts:

ALWAYS busy with something - no down time!

McGuyver! Can fix anything

Motto is "if it works, take it apart and find out why"

collector of tools, gadgets, boat, airplanes (big and small)

chose Chris, who compliments him well (and we love!)

a great provider for his family
and enlarged ours to include Chris, Haley, Cash and Gavin!


Fun facts about Chris:

Shows obvious intelligence and good taste to have married Andy

Likes his family too! (that's us)

a loyal friend

excellent mother with patience of Job


loves surprises, but can't keep a secret (which is adorable)

challenges herself to run a marathon and opts for natural childbirth

Takes great care of, and a perfect companion for Andy


and of course, gave us 3 beautiful grandchildren!

Happy Birthday Andy and Chris - we love you to pieces!!!
Many more celebrations ahead as we grow old together! xoxo

1 comment:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

Looks like it was a great birthday bash and lots of fun! My 30th is just around the corner!! EEEK!!