Sunday, December 14, 2008

34 years of 'Adventures'!

The morning of December 14, 1974 gave light to 3' of snow on the ground from a freak snowstorm that hit Utah. Our wedding was at high noon ... the first of our many adventures!

We were hippies! Check out the styles of the bridal party ... especially the hair! My hair was always hippie straight-NEVER curly, Steve HAS hair - curly and brillo! I don't remember Gma Gloria with a bouffant and Bob never left home without 2-3 cans of hairspray (seriously!) Candy is 6 months pregnant and my mom got skinny for the wedding. Oh boy! These were the days!

We committed to grow old and be together forever, but honestly, 34 years ago, the 'grow old' part faded out and you think you will be exempt from that (the innocence of youth!) Now that phrase is coming into focus as wrinkles join the party, joints creak and body parts go on strike.
Though I protest the aging process, these souvenirs tell stories and reflect 34 years of laughter/tears, joys/sorrows, failures and successes, and must admit, we've done well to suck the life out of our days! We've much to be grateful for as it's been an 'adventure' being with my sweetheart, and since real love stories never have endings, looking forward to an eternity of more!
I love you and happy anniversary Steve! xo

3 comments:

Lanae said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Good for you guys for sticking out that time, 'cause many aren't anymore. It is fun to see the changes from the styles then to now. You look great! Keep up the good work.

ATT Hickson said...

The wedding pictures are hillarious and at the same time so intriguing. Look at the hairstyles! I'm just starting to realize how fast time does fly. Thank you for being such a good example of how a successful marriage should work!

Candice Smart said...

Happy Anniversary to both of my best buddies. Good times were had back in the day and many since. I did a good job of hiding J-Money behind that flower arrangement. Your relationship is always one that I've wanted and here I go. I love you both.
Candy xoxoxoxxo