we stayed right on the beach, which was beautiful, though the water was VERY cold. luckily, only the lower half of my calves felt it, as i choose to be more of a beach lounger than actual swimmer!
one day, alexia and i took a ferry from hyannis to nantucket, and i fell in love. nantucket is gorgeous, with pretty houses, lush gardens and cobble roads. as you come into port in nantucket, you pass this charming little light house, which is everything you would imagine new england to be. hopefully when i am rich and famous, i will have a summer house on nantucket and you can all come visit!
through a series of confusion and calamities, we missed 4th of july fireworks (much to my disappointment). luckily, i heard fireworks cracking outside the night before, and scampered onto the deck. from our house, you could see groups shooting off fireworks and enjoying bonfires up and down the beach. it was beautiful to see, and reminded me of the fight to found this country. (this was less random than this sounds - 1. it was dark, 2. in the distance there was a strip of land, and fireworks were being shot behind it so i really only saw flashes of light and residual smoke, hearing the occasional boom, 3. i had a lot of time on my hands.) i envisioned a revolutionary battle being fought (fireworks = cannons), and was reminded of how much i love america, and look forward to celebrating it every july.
only took a few pictures - here are some of hyannis and nantucket... (sorry, you will just have to imagine the firework scene)



3 comments:
hurray for cape code... and i will definately come summer with you when you are rich and famous! :) can't wait... love you
Clayton told me you girls were going..I was so jealous. I have never been to Nantuckett. I will probably never be rich or famous but maybe I can still go someday.
Or you will invite me when you are if I can still walk:)
Your descriotiob made me want to go even more. Glad you had fun. The 4th is always fun.....especially for me. Say hi to Alexia too. xoxox
Sounds like a fun trip! If it makes you feel any better, I missed the fireworks as well. Tman didn't last but more than 30 seconds before he threw a fit and I ran him home. Maybe next year.
Post a Comment