Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy BIrthday Todd!

I have to recalculate every year how old we all are - ignorance is bliss! Can't believe Todd is THIRTY! The shock factor is all about me ... how can I have children that are 30?! I'm fine with him being 30 (I think). It becomes an out-of-body experience putting a pencil to the dates and having floods of memories validate the years, but then again, he was a baby yesterday! His baby reminds me of him as a baby, and sometimes I blink, thinking ... who's baby is this?

 The dash between the years abbreviates a bigger space of time and I wonder how come life can pass by so quickly. No, these are not ramblings of dementia, just the tricks time plays on your head. Time is moving fast and sometimes I forget I need to move with it. I hope to have a slower year.


Every family needs a Todd!  He has always occupied the station of Peacemaker in our family - Blessed are the peacemakers!
He is a gentle giant ... loving father and husband ... successful ...
righteous example ... patient ...  tender ...  willing servant ...
spiritual ... perseverant ...  thoughtful ... kind ... and
so, so, witty - makes us laugh in unexpected times - such a gift!



We had a great time playing Minute-to-Win It games and watch each other make fools of ourselves!   Love family time!



The 3 newest babies - Brooklyn Lee, Wyatt Silva and Brody Lee







Funny story on this.  Tanner was with me when we bought this kite for Daddy's birthday.   I should have known better and not said it was for Daddy but we discussed secrets and how fun it is to be a big boy and keep them.   When we got home he watched me hide it in Heather's closet (my second mistake), and I again reminded to not tell Daddy.    

Unbeknown to me, when Daddy got home he took him right to the forbidden closet and showed him the kite (good thing the rest of the gifts weren't in there!).    Todd told Tanner, "We'd better keep this a secret from Mimi and not tell her about you showing me the kite."  That secret he kept!

    No big deal because Todd always gets a kite  - synonymous with a March bday!


Happy Birthday Todd!   We love you so much and grateful for the years, laughter and memories!  xoxo

No comments: