Monday, August 10, 2009

We always have the power!

Haley and I were excited to try to catch a matinee performance of the Wizard of Oz at Fair Park. We didn't have tickets, but left in plenty of time to make it all happen. Surprised to hit obnoxious traffic in Dallas and murmured, "Haley, this is not good for us." The next second, Haley says, "let's say a prayer...Dear Heavenly Father, help us to get out of traffic and get to see The Wizard of Oz, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen ... gramma, we're gonna make it" all in one run on thought!

My eyes welled with tears!

One of the many messages I love from the Wizard of Oz is the reminder of the power we carry from within - IF WE BELIEVE! We control the power to RETURN HOME! My sweet grandaughter knows this at 4 and knows to call on Him to help her navigate the bumps in the road!

Unfortunately, traffic did NOT break and I found myself silently praying to Heavenly Father to PLEASE NOT disappoint this tender testimony of faith and rescue.

About 15 minutes later of halted traffic, Haley said, "gramma, I think we need to say another prayer." I quickly said her's was powerful and Heavenly Father knows our situation, but I'll say one offering our plea for a special date together. When I was done, she said, "now for sure we're gonna make it!"

An example of why the scriptures remind us to be as a little child - great faith, no doubt, no worries ... bow your head, click your heels 3 times, there's no place like home and a loving Heavenly Father!
A special day with Haley Mae, a teacher of faith! xo

1 comment:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

That was such a super sweet story! What a good job her mommy and daddy are doing with her! Those moments are precious ones and makes me think about how thin the veil really is!
I made my blog private - email me so I can send you an invite
jamiemlindsay@gmail.com
LOVE YA!