Okay mom, you win. It seems nothing will be posted till we get this Peru bit out of the way!
Rather than recount the stories you have all heard (multiple times?), here are a few things I learned in Peru...
Incans were tough.
Terraces on the side of a mountain look very hard to build, but th
ey are everywhere! It was fascinating to learn how calculated and precise In can building techniques were. I cannot even cut a straight line...
Andy is tough.
Being in Peru - meeting the people, walking the streets, seeing the sights, and dining where guinea pig is offered - made me appreciate Andy’s missionary experience, and feel swelling pride that he is my brother. (Incidentally, the same can be said about my time in Italy for Todd.) I loved Peru instantly because I know how much Andy loves it (and because there were llamas).
I am tough. (Stop laughing, I am tough.)
And, I am a good sport. We did rather hard hikes (sometimes without water) and saw really huge bugs. On a hike to Lake Sandoval, my nose started bleeding a few kilometers in - it was awful. But my complaints and meltdowns were minimal, so it all feels like a victory. (I know this is my opinion, no need to solicit validation from anyone present at the time.)
Everyone has a vice.
And mine is diet coke, or when international, coca light. Prior to Peru, I spent a few months soda-free, but getting back on the wagon was like reuniting with an old friend.
I have good friends.
...even if they always lose at hearts.
(Blogger is not my friend. It will not put any of my pictures where I want them, or upload the ones that I want. and what is the deal with the fonts? ugh.)



2 comments:
You and Andy are VERY tough! Love ya!
I too swell with pride for a tough family! Grateful we all have strong wills to GO & DO and tackle life head on! Heather wins the travel award for this year! xo
BTW, that hikes look like a stairmaster workout!
Post a Comment